The xHarbour programming language is a superset of the well known xBase language, often referred to as Clipper. Though xHarbour is 100% backward compatible with the Clipper Language, xHarbour Builder adds many modern features and tools found in most modern compilers . Such features include Visual xHarbour, SQLRDD, xBuild Project Wizard, ActiveX, and many more.
xHarbour.com aims to establish xHarbour as the Development Product of choice, for the extended xBase Developer Community. xHarbour.com attempts to follow in the footsteps of Red Hat Inc and similar companies, merging the stability and longevity that commercial distribution offers with the freedom and security offered by Open Source - Free Software projects. This powerful combination has already demonstrated its tremendous market appeal and the viability of this business model.
xHarbour Builder's main features
- 100% backward compatible Clipper Language.
- EXTENDED to offer the most complete set of modern features, while still retaining the simplicity and elegance of the xBase language.
- Self contained executable, require NO DLL’s, and/or any system dependency.
- Fastest most complete and robust DB interfaces, supporting widest range of DBF flavours
- Support for single user apps, through client-servers, all the way up to the most popular SQL servers.
- Open Source supported by creative and dedicated development teams offering practically immediate solutions to bug reports and popular features request.
- Guaranteed, professional support from the creators of xHarbour.